Monday 15 August 2011

All The Morning Showed Me...

I watched the first faint streaks of dawn
Flit against the sky.
I marked the birds in plume prepare
To praise the late sunrise...

The stars put on their veils and drew
Into their hiding places,
And children on their way to school
were wiping sleepy faces.

The meadows lay there damp with dew
Each shiny drop, the morning knew -
Waiting for the sun's first kiss...
To turn the glazing into mist.

I watched the trees dance to a tune
That only they could hear...
The rain had come and filled the ruts
and puddles with its tears...

And then the sun rode high and shed
its light upon the scene,
The air was thick with golden dust -
It looked just like a dream!

But people on their way to work
Their heads turned down, their faces stark,
had closed their eyes to all the good
The morning showed me where I stood.



No comments:

Post a Comment